Bye, Bye, Miss Pumpkin Oat Pie

Hello friends! I'm back from the dead (actually from finding out I have Celiac disease, so basically the same thing). To that news I say CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Which inadvertently means there will be many a-gluten free recipes coming your way soon.



'Tis November, which in my opinion is peak pumpkin season. So naturally, that means PUMPKIN PIE OVERNIGHT OATS Y'ALL.



Like all oats recipes, this one is highly adjustable to your taste and preference, so don't be afraid to get yo salt bae on with that extra nutmeg.


Ingredients:


Oats:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used Nounos Pumpkin Spice Yogurt because I'm extra like that)
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin (canned)
  • 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional; recommend if you like sweeter oats)

  

Toppings:

  • 3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
  • 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 energy ball, chopped (I used this recipe; alternatives to this could be chopped up energy/protein bars of choice, Nakd and R.E.D.D. are some of my favorites)
  • granola/cereal of choice (I used Pumpkin Spice Cheerios because I cannot be tamed)
  • chocolate chips
  • pecans or walnuts (or both if you're nuts)


Instructions:

  1. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients (oats, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon). 
  2. Add almond milk, Greek yogurt, pumpkin, maple syrup and stir in thoroughly. While sitting overnight, the oats will absorb the liquid ingredients and become slightly thicker than the mixture is now. Add a splash more of almond milk if you prefer your oats 'thinner.' 
  3. Once all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, transfer the oats to a jar*, seal, and refrigerate.
  4. After your oats have set**: layer on all your toppings neatly (for the gram) OR Jackson Pollock them on in respects to the abstract expressionist art movement (or because you're hangry). 


Notes:

* I usually prepare overnight oats in mason jars because of the airtight seal and mobility. It's perfect for on-the-go breakfast and lets me get seven extra minutes of sleep in the morning. Oats should stay fresh for about 2-3 days while refrigerated.
** You can either add your toppings (if you're doing it jar-style) a few hours after the oats have set and absorbed the liquid ingredients, or right before consuming if you prefer your toppings not to be refrigerated overnight.
***The above notes were plagiarized from my last overnight oats recipe, and will probably peep their way into future recipes. 


Don't let the haters stop you from pumpkining,

Comments

  1. Yes yes yesssss! These look delish! I'll definitely have to add these to my arsenal of overnight oats recipes. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts